Learn the Differences Between Plexiglas & Lexan from Sarnia Glass Ltd.
Plexiglas® & Lexan Glass Installations
Sarnia Glass Ltd. specializes in the installation of both Plexiglas® and Lexan glass. While these two types of glass are very similar in many of their properties, here are a few differences between the two so you can make a better-informed decision about which would better suit your application:
- Plexiglas® tends to be a little more scratch-resistant than Lexan. If scratches do occur, they’re a little easier to get rid of due to Plexiglas’ ability to be polished.
- Plexiglas® also tends to resist colour change when exposed to light, unlike Lexan glass.
- Lexan glass can be bulletproof if it’s thick enough.
- Lexan glass can be more resistant to chipping and impacts. Additionally, it’s easier to cut without being afraid of cracking.
- Lexan glass is far more flexible than Plexiglas®.
Should you have any additional questions about Plexiglas® or Lexan glass, feel free to contact us for more information!